Japanese History Reader Volume 1-2 BUNDLE
Patreon supporters get this product. Click here to learn more about supporting us and all the benefits of doing so.
Would you like to read real Japanese while learning about Japanese history?
This series--currently two volumes--presents stories on Japanese history. Like our Japanese fairy tale reader series, these eBooks break down every sentence with both vocabulary definitions and grammatical explanations. It also include MP3s of each story read both slowly and at normal speed.
Best of all, as we add more to this series, you will be able to get free updates. Buy now while the price is low!
- Includes Volume 1 and 2
- Six Stories included: (more will be added for no extra charge)
* The Three Warlords who Unified Japan
* Sakamoto Ryoma, the Reformer
* Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman
* All about Ninja
* The Tragic Story of the 47 Ronin
* Takeda Shingen, the Man who almost had it All
- Includes two MP3s per story. One read normal speed and one slowly
- All Japanese have furigana those starting out with kanji.
- Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with explanation of the grammar.
- The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
- Kanji in Focus covers the key kanji found in each essay
- Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don't cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
While beginners to Japanese can get a lot from this, hiragana knowledge is required.