Our digital bundles are a collection of eBooks and sound files. View all the bundles by clicking here.
eBooks require software or apps to be able to read it on your PC, Mac, laptop, eBook reader, tablet, or phone. This page will give you instructions how to enjoy your purchase.
Immediately after ordering, you will receive an email with a link to a Dropbox folder. Each bundle has multiple eBooks and each eBook has:
- a PDF version (for larger screens like desktops, laptops, and tablets)
- a MOBI version (for Kindle devices and apps)
- and an ePub version (for most other eBook apps)
- You will also get all the Japanese in sound files in MP3 format.
You do not have to have a Dropbox account to access or download the files. You will be able to instantly download all files on a PC or Mac (computer or laptop) and/or access any individual file on any of your mobile devices.
If you don't see the email after order, please check your spam folder or email us for support.
Which format is right for my device?
- Laptop or desktop computer — We recommend the PDF version
- iPad or any other Tablet — We recommend the PDF version
- iPhone or Android phones — We recommend opening the ePub in iBooks or the reader of your choice.
- Kindle e-ink device (Paperwhite, Oasis, etc.) — Get the Mobi file and load it onto your Kindle via USB. (see instructions below)
- Sony Reader — We recommend ePub
- Other phones — Read the ePub, Mobi, or PDF on the ebook reader of your choice.
How to transfer an eBook to your device
Below you will find some instructions on how to transfer your eBook onto the device which you wish to use. If you have any further questions or difficulties, please contact us.
Downloading eBooks to a Kindle e-ink Device (Paper White, Oasis, etc.)
Method One (Recommended) - Transfer file via a computer
- Connect your Kindle to your computer with the USB cord that came with your Kindle. Your Kindle should appear in your file manager program (the file folder icon on PCs and the Finder on Macs)
- Use your computer's file browser to drag and drop the MOBI file from the Dropbox folder to the “Documents” folder located on your Kindle.
- When finished, use your computer's eject your Kindle. (Right click the Kindle icon in the file manager)
- When you turn on your Kindle, the new eBook should appear at the top of the list.
Method Two - Sending to your Kindle via email
The above USB method seems to work better, but if you don't have a USB cable, follow these steps.
- Log into your Amazon account on Amazon's website and select the drop down menu called "Your account" and scroll down to "Manage Your Content and Devices"
- From the "Settings" tab scroll down to "Personal Document Settings"
- You should see the names of the devices you have linked to your Amazon account with an email address ending with "@kindle.com"
- Copy the email address for the device you want to use.
- In your email program, create a new email and for the send to email, paste the email address from Amazon.
- Drag any MOBI file from our Dropbox folder into the body of the email and press send. [You can put a title, but please leave the body blank]
- The eBook should show up in your Kindle device.
Downloading to your Apple device
For iPhone or iPad
- Open the Dropbox folder on your iPhone or iPad
- Select an ePub eBook
- You will then be taken to Safari, where a blue download arrow will appear in the upper right hand corner.
- After clicking the arrow, select the .epub file.
- Enjoy your eBook!
Or if you don't see the download arrow:
- Tap the three ... next to any ePub file
- Tap Export
- In the middle section with suggested apps to use (under your contacts and above "Open in"), swipe to see more apps. Tap the last option "More"
- Scroll to the bottom and tap "Copy to Books"
On a Macbook
- Select the .epub version from the Dropbox folder.
- Either save the ePub file to your computer or just click to open the file. The file should open in the iBooks app. If it does not open in the iBooks app, right-click the file in Finder, select "Open with" and then select the iBooks app.
- Enjoy your eBook!
Downloading to your Android/Windows device
- Select the ePub you want to read.
- Plug in the USB cord that came with you phone or tablet
- Drag your eBook to the Documents folder, or to the relevant folder for the eBook reader you are using.
It may be a little confusing due to the various file formats, but we want to give you as much flexibility to access the content on as many devices as possible.
Basically, our recommendation is to use the PDF for larger screens (computers, laptops, and tablets), ePub for most smaller screens, and MOBI for any Kindle e-ink devices you may have.
Ready to get started?
***Find All Your Downloads in Your Order History***
- Login to your TheJapanShop customer account here - https://www.thejapanshop.com/account/login
- Follow the image below
- Then start downloading