Learn Japanese with Stories Bundle #1 [10 Volumes] [DIGITAL DOWNLOAD]
➡️ How to read the eBooks in your bundle? You may need to follow the steps outlined in our eBook guide
This bundle is now complete with 10 full-length volumes. We will however, add free updates and edits to the bundle as they are completed.
- This bundle set includes ten books in the Japanese Reader Collection in digital format. Download instantly and begin improving your Japanese reading skills (PDFs), listening abilities (MP3s), and vocabulary. An amazing value!
- NEW! 4 Anki decks included with vocabulary from the stories. Use the free flashcard software Anki to learn all the vocabulary from the stories.
- Download sound files for ALL the stories. Each story has two recordings: one read slowly and one read at normal speed.
- NEW! Use the QR codes to scan and hear the audio on demand by streaming (you can still download all the files locally)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Here are the example sound files from the story, The Wise Child. Normal speed and slow speed. To give you an idea of the format with the audio, the image below is the first page of The Wise Child running gloss.
STORIES INCLUDED: (eBooks + Sound Files)
YOU GET ALL STORIES IN TEN OF THE BOOKS IN THE SERIES
- Hikoichi and the Young Lord
- Hikoichi and the Living Umbrella
- Tengu’s Straw Raincoat
- Momotaro, the Peach Boy
- Usagi to Kame (the Tortoise & the Hare)
- The Inch-High Samurai
- Kaguya Hime
- The Mouse Bride
- The Cut-Tongue Sparrow
- Kobutori Jiisan
- Yuki Onna
- Anchin and Kiyohime
Little Match Girl
- Hikoichi and the Wonderous Box
- Hikoichi and the Trickster Tanuki
- The Oni's Mask and the Girl
- The Fountain of Youth
- The Hundred Tales Game
- The Wise Child
- Urashima Tarou
- The Young Man Who Slept Three Years
- Hanasaka Jiisan
- Hikoichi and the Hanami
- EXTRA BONUSES: Hiragana, the Basics of Japanese plus Makoto Japanese e-Zine #1 [So, actually, the full value of this bundle is $59.88!]
Impress your Japanese friends with knowledge of Japanese folktales and stories while polishing your grammar and learning new vocabulary words. 日本語を磨こう！ Let’s polish our Japanese!
Hiragana is the first Japanese syllabary a student often learns. It forms the basis for really everything else. And you really need to know hiragana to use the readers to their fullest purpose. So, as an extra bonus, we are also including our book on Hiragana, also a $4.99 value.
Here’s what you get with each of the 24 stories:
- An easy and fun introduction to Japanese folklore, tales, and stories—these are the classic stories every single Japanese person knows and loves, but few Westerners have even heard about!
- Read the most famous and interesting Japanese tales in real Japanese! Yes, as long as you have learned hiragana, you can read real Japanese today with these fully annotated stories. (Don’t know hiragana yet?! No problem. See our special BONUS at the bottom of this page!)
- Every single line and every word are explained and defined.
- Designed specifically for beginners to intermediates.
- Build your Japanese vocabulary, understand new grammatical patterns, improve your reading skills, and hone in your listening abilities
- Traditional stories with a running gloss, each with two MP3s recorded by a native Japanese voice actress. Print out the PDFs and drop the MP3s on your phone for on the go studying.
- Over the years, thousands of people have enjoyed these stories sold individually for $4.99 or more each. Now, for the first time, you can get them all together for a single low price!
Perfect for the upper beginner to intermediate student of Japanese.
How to install: Simply double click the supplied Anki files to install the deck to your Anki software. Or you can send it to your phone to open it in the mobile Anki version. We add the decks to the first volume and will add more for the rest soon.
Reminder: This is the digital versions of the books. There will be NO shipping charges since nothing will be shipped :)
Please note: you will receive a Dropbox link which can be accessed from any device (phone, tablet, or computer) instantly. If you are on a computer, you can download it all by clicking on the Download button at the top right.
If you have ANY trouble with the download, just reply to the email you receive or message us through Contact Us.
Lots of good content explained in a way that makes it easy to assimilate. What I love about Clay and Yumi is they include free updates. That is a very generous extra.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. More extras coming soon! :)
The material is good for beginner Japanese. FYI: when you go to a higher level of Japanese, all reading materials are written in the dictionary form (る), nothing is written in the ます form. If you like this kind of writing style , there is a free NHK news website, called News Web Easy 優しい日本語で書いたニュース. This website also has audio as well. It provides current daily Japanese news and is updated daily. The vocabulary from NHK website is more relevent and will be able to use in every day Japanese (JLPT N3 level) and it is free.
I have just started my journey but this study material is just what I have been looking for. As soon as I progress I will be buying the rest of the study material.
The books are great
Great way to learn. Taking in the language auditorily and visually at the same time in the context of fun stories, makes it easier to understand the meaning of the words and remember them. That's why i love these books. They are well structured and very complete.