SAVE WITH DIGITAL! This item is included in a digital bundle at a discount. If you would like the eBook version (PDF, ePub, or Kindle MOBI) and the MP3s, please see our discounted bundles here - Japanese Reader Collection
Japanese Reader Collection Volume 8 Hikoichi Revisited: The Easy Way to Read Listen and Learn from Japanese Folklore Tales and Stories (Japanese Edition)
日本語を磨こう！ Let’s polish our Japanese!
READ real Japanese Today! By choosing short stories, the intimidation factor is greatly reduced. Not only that, but we divide the story up into tiny, easy-to-swallow segments with complete explanations to give you confidence as you read real Japanese page by page.
Perfect for upper beginner level students of Japanese.
BONUS! Get FREE MP3s of the story read by a native Japanese voice actress, one read at normal speed and one read slowly. Listen while reading. The link to the MP3s is found on the last page.
EXTRA BONUS! Included with the MP3s, are PDFs of all the vocabulary and grammar points. Feel free to print these out to use while reading.
Now with Furigana! All our readers now have furigana in both the paperback and Kindle versions. Furigana is the small hiragana over the kanji--most devices support this new feature.
Have you studied for a year or two but just don’t feel like you are progressing? This book is for you too. We suggest reading the Japanese only section first (includes furigana) and then go through the line-by-line running gloss section to cement understanding and learn vocabulary.
* All Japanese have furigana (printed version and Kindle version on supported devices (most new devices)) and romaji for those starting out.
* Three complete Japanese short stories. Each story is presented in three unique ways.
* Two stories are about Hikoichi and the third is about a girl and a mask. * GLOSS: Read the story with a running gloss—understand completely. Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with English explanation of the grammar.
* GRAMMAR: Tap the grammar icon (Kindle version) to zoom to fuller explanations. Tap the back button to return to the text * JAPANESE ONLY: The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
* ENGLISH SUMMARY: Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
* Short stories makes reading full Japanese texts possible.
* Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study.
You may know our first Japanese Reader Collection Volume has several Hikoichi stories. By far, those have been the most popular among students. Hikoichi is, after all, an interesting character. Smart, sassy, creative in his laziness…In short, his adventures are entertaining. Plus, not many non-Japanese are as familiar with Hikoichi as they are Momotaro or the Moon Princess. So, be one of the few to dig in, enjoy, and learn more about Hikoichi!
Reminder:The digital version of the book is in NO shipping charge since it is in eBook format. The Paperback format only will have its shipping charge.
Please note: For Instant Download, you will receive a zip file which must be opened with a PC or Mac. Later, you can send the files to your phone or tablet.
If you have ANY trouble with the download, just reply to the email you receive or message us throughContact Us.