Perfect for beginning and upper beginning students of Japanese. This affordable Japanese reader contains four complete stories of a clever and mischievous young man, Hikoichi.
Get FREE MP3s of the stories read by a native Japanese speaker. Listen while reading. The link to the MP3s is found on the last page. NEW–just added four new MP3s: each story read slowly for increased comprehension.
Read–in Japanese–how the wise and young Hikoichi shows his smarts with these four short stories in Japanese. Yes, you can read real Japanese–even if you are just starting out in Japanese.
- All Japanese have furigana (printed version) and romaji for those starting out.
- Four full traditional Japanese stories about Hikoichi.
- Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with explanation of the grammar.
- The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
- Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
- Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study. Includes both normal speed and slow speed readings.