117 Pages | Includes Digital Files | 5.5 x 8.5 inch Paperback
Japanese Reader Collection: Learn Japanese with Stories Vol 5
Note: this is a physical paperback that will be shipped to you. You'll also receive the digital files by email immediately after ordering.
The Shitakiri Suzume is a traditional Japanese folk tale about a kind old man, his mean wife, and a sparrow. Beginners can get a lot out of this product, but hiragana and very basic Japanese is required. Audio Only–listen while you drive, jog, or while relaxing.
- Newly re-recorded with CD quality audio!
- Audio includes the story read at normal speed & at a slow speed
- Audio also includes spaces for repetition and key vocabulary
- All kanji characters have furigana.
- Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with explanation of the grammar.
- The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
- Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study.
Japanese Reader Collection Volume 5: Shitakiri Suzume
Perfect for beginning and upper beginning students of Japanese. This affordable Japanese reader will help you build your Japanese vocabulary, reading skills, and listening comprehension.
Get FREE MP3s of the stories read by a native Japanese speaker. Listen while reading. You'll receive an email with the download link immediately after ordering.
Shitakiri Suzume follows a common theme in Japanese fairy tales: a childless old couple raising a son or daughter. But instead of a human, the story revolves around a sparrow, the loving pet of the old man. Also common with other tales, there is a moral to the story. Don't be greedy!
The second story, Kobutori Jiisan, teaches that a happy disposition often leads to happy conclusions.
While beginners to Japanese can get a lot from this, hiragana knowledge is required.
Finally, we invite the reader to contact us with questions or requests for future Japanese readers. You will find our personal email addresses in the book. To your Japanese!