The Mouse Bride story is a charming Japanese folk tale about a father mouse and mother mouse trying to find the ‘greatest man on earth’ for their one and only daughter to marry. One nice aspect of this story from a language learner’s point of view is similar sentence forms are repeated with the different characters. Beginners can get a lot out of this product, but hiragana and very basic Japanese is required.
- An E-Book in Flash for interactive reading and listening
- A 33 Page PDF (for printing)
- A slow MP3 recording of the story (newly rerecorded)
- A normal speed MP3 recording (newly rerecorded)
- Kindle and Nook ebook formats included
- Works with PCs or Macs (the only difference is PC users use the .exe file for the Flash E-Book and Mac users use the flash embedded HTML file)
- And as a special Flash bonus, “40 Common Japanese Family Names”–click on any name to hear it read
- ePub works on Android devices with FBReader and possibly other EPUB book reader apps.
Japanese Reader Collection Volume 4: The Mouse Bride: Plus Ikkyu-san Read Real Japanese with Free MP3s ** Recommended for Beginners of Japanese ** MP3s Included at no extra charge are two MP3s of the story. One is read at the normal speed and the other at a slow, easy to follow speed. You will find the link to download the MP3s on the last page. THE STORY The Mouse Bride story is a charming Japanese folk tale about a father mouse and mother mouse trying to find the “greatest man on earth” for their one and only daughter to marry. An additional bonus story is about the young, but wise priest Ikkyu and a certain painted tiger.
NOTE: if you are using an iPad, tablet, or a phone that cannot open Zipped files, please wait for a second email after your purchase, it contains a direct link to the books. This can take up to five minutes, but is usually quicker.