The Japan Shop Pocket Kendama set includes two miniature Kendamas, a blue and red ball. The Japanese have been playing with the kendama for centuries. It gained great popularity during the Edo Period (the time of the samurai! 1600 - 1868) and today the kendama is known and loved all around the world.
The object of the kendama is to land the ball on either of the two side cups, the bottom cup, or for those wanting the most difficult mode of play, try landing it on the pointy spike at top. We recommend holding the kendama with the string motionless below. Then, without jerking your hand too much, bend your knees and straighten them to bounce the ball as straight upward as possible.
Please be careful with your kendama. As with a yoyo, a kendama can be dangerous when flung wildly.
- PORTABLE: Easy to Carry, these two mini Kendamas will fit in any average to large sized pocket
- SMALLER SIZE: These are not full sized Kendamas, but with the wood 5" tall and the string 14" long, these make for a perfect on-the-go game
- STOCKING STUFFER & PERFECT GIFT: Perfect for party favors, children's gifts, or friendly family competition
- TWO TOY SET: You get one one blue and one red ball kendama with this value set
- CHALLENGING: The smaller size makes this kendama more challenging than the larger size. Hone your reflexes and improve hand to eye coordination while having a blast.