Japanese Reader Collection Volume 6 Yuki Onna: The Easy Way to Read Japanese Folklore Tales and Stories (Japanese Edition)
READ real Japanese Today! By choosing short stories, the intimidation factor is greatly reduced. Not only that, but we divide the story up into tiny, easy-to-swallow segments with complete explanations to give you confidence as you read real Japanese page by page.
Perfect for beginning and upper beginning students of Japanese. This affordable Japanese reader contains two stories just about every Japanese knows and loves.
BONUS! Get FREE MP3s of the stories read by a native Japanese voice actress. Listen while reading. The link to the MP3s is found on the last page.
EXTRA BONUS! Included with the MP3s, are PDFs of all the vocabulary and grammar points. Feel free to print these out to use while reading.
These are short stories that can be tackled by students of any level.
Are you just learning hiragana? No problem. First, read each story with the running gloss. Be sure to take notes of new words and kanji in a notebook. If you are lost, just review the English summary. Then, attempt to read the Japanese with furigana (small hiragana over the kanji--most devices support this new feature).
Have you studied for a year or two but just don’t feel like you are progressing? This book is for you too. We suggest reading the Japanese only section first (includes furigana) and then go through the line-by-line running gloss section to cement understanding and learn vocabulary.
* All Japanese have furigana (printed version and Kindle version on supported devices (most new devices)) and romaji for those starting out. Yuki Onna and Anchin & Kiyohime
* Two full traditional Japanese stories presented in three unique ways.
* GLOSS: Read the story with a running gloss—understand completely. Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with English explanation of the grammar.
* JAPANESE ONLY: The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
* ENGLISH SUMMARY: Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
* Short stories makes reading full Japanese texts possible. This book has four complete stories with a total explanation for every level.
* Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study.
* Print out the Vocabulary PDF to use while reading.
YUKI ONNA The Snow Woman
Yuki Onna (Snow Woman) is a traditional Japanese folktale of a spirit or yōkai who appears on snowy nights in a white kimono and even whiter skin. She is beautiful, but deadly, leading unsuspecting travelers astray or killing them outright. In our story, she is both deadly and compassionate.
Anchin & Kiyohime
A young priest learns the danger a lie can invite.
While beginners to Japanese can get a lot from this, hiragana knowledge is required.
Finally, we invite the reader to contact us with questions or requests for future Japanese readers. You will find our personal email addresses in the book. To your Japanese!
What are you waiting for? Ninja up your Japanese. Click “Add to Cart” now!