Japanese Reader Collection Volume 7 The Little Match Girl: The Easy Way to Read Listen and Learn from Japanese Folklore Tales and Stories (Japanese Edition)
READ real Japanese Today!By choosing short stories, the intimidation factor is greatly reduced. Not only that, but we divide the story up into tiny, easy-to-swallow segments with complete explanations to give you confidence as you read real Japanese page by page.
Perfect for beginning and upper beginning students of Japanese.
BONUS! Get FREE MP3s of the stories read by a native Japanese voice actress. Listen while reading. The link to the MP3s is found on the last page.
These are short stories that can be tackled by students of any level.
Are you just learning hiragana? No problem. First, read each story with the running gloss. Be sure to take notes of new words and kanji in a notebook. If you are lost, just review the English summary. Then, attempt to read the Japanese with furigana (small hiragana over the kanji--most devices support this new feature).
Have you studied for a year or two but just don’t feel like you are progressing? This book is for you too. We suggest reading the Japanese only section first (includes furigana) and then go through the line-by-line running gloss section to cement understanding and learn vocabulary.
* All Japanese have furigana (printed version and Kindle version on supported devices (most new devices)) and romaji for those starting out.
* GRAMMAR: Tap the grammar icon (Kindle version) to zoom to fuller explanations. Tap the back button to return to the text
* The classic Hans Christian Andersen The Little Match Girl story presented in three unique ways.
* GLOSS: Read the story with a running gloss—understand completely. Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with English explanation of the grammar.
* JAPANESE ONLY: The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
* ENGLISH SUMMARY: Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
* Short stories makes reading full Japanese texts possible.
* Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study.
The Little Match Girl
The famous Hans Christian Andersen short story is popular in Japan and has found its way into Japanese culture being a well-known tale in Japan. The sad story is about a dying little girl’s dreams and desires on a cold New Year’s Eve. It was first published in 1845 in Danish.
Finally, we invite the reader to contact us with questions or requests for future Japanese readers. You will find our personal email addresses in the book. To your Japanese!
What are you waiting for? Ninja up your Japanese. Click “Add to Cart” now!
Please note: you will receive a zip file which must be opened with a PC or Mac. Later, you can send the files to your phone or tablet.