Learn Japanese with Stories Volume 10: Urashima Tarou [Paperback + Digital Download]
106 Pages | Includes Digital Files | 5.5 x 8.5 inch Paperback
Japanese Reader Collection Volume 10 Urashima Tarou and Other Stories: The Easy Way to Read Listen and Learn from Japanese Folklore Tales and Stories (Japanese Edition)
Note: this is a physical paperback that will be shipped to you. You'll also receive the digital files by email immediately after ordering.
READ real Japanese Today! By choosing short stories, the intimidation factor is greatly reduced. Not only that, but we divide the story up into tiny, easy-to-swallow segments with complete explanations to give you confidence as you read real Japanese page by page.
Perfect for upper beginner level students of Japanese.
BONUS! Get FREE MP3s and eBook versions of the story. The story is read by a native Japanese voice actress, once read at normal speed and once read slowly. Listen while reading. The link to the digital files will be emailed to you immediately after ordering.
Now with Furigana! All our readers now have furigana in both the paperback and Kindle versions. Furigana is the small hiragana over the kanji--most devices support this new feature.
Have you studied for a year or two but just don’t feel like you are progressing? This book is for you too. We suggest reading the Japanese only section first (includes furigana) and then go through the line-by-line running gloss section to cement understanding and learn vocabulary.
- All kanji characters have furigana.
- Three Stories in Total:
1) The Young Man Who Slept for Three Years
2) Hanasaka Jiisan
3) Urashima Tarou
Three ways to Enjoy the Stories:
* GLOSS: Read the story with a running gloss—understand completely. Every sentence is broken down word-for-word and with English explanation of the grammar.
* JAPANESE ONLY: The full story in Japanese only (without the running gloss) is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
* ENGLISH SUMMARY: Finally, we have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
- Short stories makes reading full Japanese texts possible. This book has two complete stories with a total explanation for every level.
- Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study. (Link will be emailed to you after ordering)
- The Young Man Who Slept for Three Years - Sometimes what appears to be laziness is actually strategic planning
- Hanasaka Jiisan - A story of the importance of not being greedy
- Urashima Tarou - A Japanese Rip Van Winkle story