Learn Japanese with Stories AUDIOBOOK BUNDLE [4 Volume Bundle] [DIGITAL DOWNLOAD]
This bundle includes four full-length audiobooks.
These are the audiobook versions of our Learn Japanese with Stories bundle found here. Eventually, this bundle will include all 10 books as audiobooks. Buy the bundle now and get future audiobooks free.
Sample of the line-by-line feature:
- Audiobook 1: Hikoichi (4 stories): Runtime: 3:12:00 (three hours)
- Audiobook 2: Momotaro & Tortoise and the Hare: Runtime: 00:56:41
- Audiobook 3: Inch-high Samurai & Kaguya-hime, the Moon Princess: Runtime: 1:42:45
- Audiobook 4: Shitakiri Suzume & Kobutori-jiisan: Runtime: 1:06:35
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE AUDIO IN OUR REGULAR EBOOK BUNDLE?
This bundle covers the same material as our Learn Japanese with Stories eBook bundle. However, for this Audiobook Bundle, you don't need to refer to any paper material (although a PDF of the material is included). You can listen and learn anywhere and at any time. With our regular eBook bundle edition, the audio is limited to slow and normal speed recordings of the stories.
Each audiobook sells on Audible and elsewhere for $6-10. Get the first four audiobooks for only $9.99. Pay once and get lifetime updates (that's 6 future audiobooks!). Future updates and future volumes will be added free of charge even though this bundle's price will increase as we add more.
kikitori renshuu shimashou.
Let's practice listening comprehension.
Each audiobook presents each story in four ways:
- Story read slowly
- Story read line-by-line with each vocabulary word defined in English
- Story read normal speed
- English summary
You'll receive a download link immediately after purchase. If you want to practice a particular section, you'll get MP3s for each section of every story. If you just want to drop it into your phone or audio player as one big audiobook, you'll also find a single MP3 for each book. A PDF of each book is also provided (but not required.)
This video is the first story in the first volume (which contains four complete stories). While the format isn't exactly the same as the audiobook version, it is very close:
Learn Japanese with Stories Audiobook Version
Here’s a quick preview of the valuable information you can get now—INSTANT GRATIFICATION!
YOU WILL GET THE AUDIOBOOK VERSIONS OF ALL STORIES IN IN THE SERIES
- Hikoichi and the Young Lord
- Hikoichi and the Living Umbrella
- Tengu’s Straw Raincoat
- Momotaro, the Peach Boy
- Usagi to Kame (the Tortoise & the Hare)
- The Cut-Tongue Sparrow
- Inch-High Samurai
- Kaguya-hime, the Moon Princess
- More coming soon! (free updates if you buy this bundle now)
Impress your Japanese friends with knowledge of Japanese folktales and stories while polishing your grammar and learning new vocabulary words. 日本語を磨こう！ Let’s polish our Japanese!
Here’s what you get with each of the stories:
- An easy and fun introduction to Japanese folklore, tales, and stories—these are the classic stories every single Japanese person knows and loves, but few Westerners have even heard about!
- Listen to the most famous and interesting Japanese tales in real Japanese! Yes, you can understand real Japanese today with these stories. We don't, however, recommend this for true beginners.
- Every single line and every word are explained and defined audibly.
- You don't need the written material, but a PDF of the book is included. Listen while walking the dog, doing dishes, or as you go to sleep in bed.
- Build your Japanese vocabulary, understand new grammatical patterns, improve your listening skills, and hone in your pronunciation by shadowing after the speaker.
- Get MP3s as individual tracks as well as one big file. A PDF of the stories is also provided, but the audiobook is designed so you don't need it.
Perfect for the beginner (but not absolute beginner) to intermediate student of Japanese.
Reminder: This bundle is for the digital versions of the audiobooks. There will be NO shipping charges since nothing will be shipped :)
Please note: you will receive a Dropbox link which can be accessed from any device (phone, tablet, or computer) instantly. If you are on a computer, you can download it all by clicking on the Download button at the top right.
If you have ANY trouble with the download, just reply to the email you receive or message us through Contact Us.
I ordered these audio books, then got sent to the wilds of Northern Ontario, and forgot to bring my iPad charger. I am heading back to the world on Sunday, and I am sure after I start listening, I will probably rerate them 5 stars. Clay and Yumi are great, as are their learning materials. I am thinking about taking a course in Japanese if there is still one offered at my college
So, I tried these out and it's actually super fun to read along and try to repeat the words as they're being said. With this in mind, the vocab review gets confusing (for me) super fast. At first, I thought we'd just be going over certain vocab that's present in the story in the same order as they show up on the pdf, which would've made it better for me to understand what we were talking about, however, after the first few words I was completely lost and didn't know where the other vocab words came from, I struggled to find them through the story as they were being explained but it really didn't help my understanding. I think giving a bit of a heads up where the words are in the story and giving a few more seconds to find and read the words would've helped me tremendously. The audio files were all good (so far no complaints there) and simple to follow along. I really do love this series, it was just the vocabulary recap that confused me terribly, maybe put it after the first Japanese reading? So that one knows more or less where the words are?